To Set Up a Conference Call on a 7400 or 6400 Phone (up to 6 participants):
1. Dial the first party.
2. Press the Conference button. (This places the current call on hold and selects an idle call appearance.)
3. Dial the second party.
4. Press the Conference button when the second party answers and is ready to confer.
• If the second party's line is busy, press the Drop button to disconnect the second party or press the blinking call appearance to return to the original party.
5. You may repeat the steps above to include up to six participants in a conference call.
To Set Up a Conference Call from a VoIP Phone (up to 6 participants):
1. During an active call, press the Conf button (it appears as a soft key below the screen). This places the current call on hold and selects an idle call appearance.
2. Dial the third party.
3. Press the Join button (this will appear as a soft key) when the third party answers and is ready to confer. If the third party's line is busy, press the Drop (again, a soft key) to disconnect the third party or press the blinking call appearance to return to the original party.
4. To add a fourth party, press the soft key that says Add.
5. Dial the fourth party.
6. Press the Join button (this will appear as a soft key) when the fourth party answers and is ready to confer.
7. You may repeat steps 4 through 6 to add a fifth and sixth party to include up to six participants in a conference call.
Interactive instructions are available at Introduction to the 9630 IP Telephone.
To Set Up a Conference Call on a 7401 or 2500 Single Line Phone (up to 3 people):
1. To make a conference call, first establish a telephone call between you and one of the conference call participants by using the normal dialing instructions.
2. To add the next person, press the switchhook button, and then dial the telephone number of the third participant.
NOTE: If your phone does not have a switchhook, the FLASH button may be used instead.
3. When the third person answers, press the switchhook button and the second person will be added to the conversation.
4. If the third person's telephone number is not available or no one answers the telephone, press the switchhook button to return to the second person.
5. To disconnect the last person added to the telephone call, press the switchhook button.
The article above is from the Knowledge Base supported by the University of Maryland Division of Information Technology.
Direct link to this solution: http://kb.umd.edu/131132
We are working to continually improve this resource and would appreciate your feedback. To comment on this solution, use the buttons in the Was this Solution useful to you? box below. Click Yes if this solution was helpful to you; click No or Yes, but Inaccurate to add an additional comment. Comments will not be displayed publicly. For more information contact the Help Desk.
NOTE: If you wish to be contacted regarding your feedback,
include your University Directory ID or preferred contact information.